I have always loved gardening and was either a constant help or hindrance to my Grandfather in his garden. He gave me my love of vegetable growing and my Grandmother always liked to have a few hardy annual flowers growing around the back door. Her particular favourites were night scented stocks and tobacco plants, both of which are heavily scented. This made me appreciate the contribution that fragrance makes to the enjoyment of a garden. My Grandfather learnt his gardening in the days before expensive “fancy chemicals” were available and he was my inspiration in developing my interest in organic gardening.
- 2012 - to date Horticultural Advisor to the National Allotment Society
- 2012 - to date Freelance garden writer, advisor, speaker.
- 2015 - 2016 Croome Walled Garden - Consultant.
- 2015 - 2016 -Barnsdale Gardens - Course teacher 'Barnsdale Gardens Gardening Certificate'
- 2015 - Victorian Kitchen Garden, Saumarez Park, Consultant
- 2012 Horticultural Consultant to the Penllegare Valley Garden Trust
- 1998 - 2012 - Head Gardener at Audley End Organic Kitchen Garden
- 1998 - Head Gardener at Barnsdale Gardens
- 1997 - 1998 Horticultural Director for Aberglasney Gardens
- 1996 - 1997 Lecturer – NVQ Horticulture at Pencoed College
- 1993 - 1996 Head Gardener at Dyffryn Gardens
- 1983 - 1993 Gardener at Dyffryn Gardens
- 1982 - 1983 Student at Usk College of Horticulure
Audley End Walled Kitchen Garden
Former Head Gardener of the Walled Kitchen Garden at Audley End for 13 years. During this time I was employed by Garden Organic to restore and manage the gardens organically on behalf of English Heritage.